Pages

Followers

Saturday, 1 August 2015

August Challenge

August already...and time for another challenge, but first we have some sad and good news.
Sadly we are losing Stefanie, she has decided to step down from the team...we are sorry to lose her....
Good News.....Welcome Toni, she has recently joined our team and you will be able to see her projects as from September...in the mean time,why not pop over to her blog here at  Studio Garage Band and see her fabulous creations.....

We still have a vacancy on our design team,so if you are interested,do let me know...details are under our header.

Many Thanks to Laila for being our guest designer for July, be sure to take your Guest Designer Badge Laila.

Thank You to Everyone who entered our challenge...so many projects and each one so different...so much talent to look at and get inspired from.
Wish we could make you all winners...unfortunately we can only have one. It's teamie Elaine's turn to choose the Winner for July and she has chosen....

                                               No.45....Branka

Congratulations Branka...such a stunning entry....Please take your Winners Badge from our side bar to display on your own blog.
We would love to have you as our Guest Designer for September...so if you are interested please email me ( Sandie ) here at sandie.w@live.co.uk so I can let you know what you need to do.

                               Our Guest Designer this month is 
                                                Niki




I am relatively new to mixed media and challenge blogs. Back in April 2014 my husband bought me a couple of canvases and an acrylic paint set for my birthday. I wasn't thrilled about it at first. When I was younger I drew, painted, and crafted all the time but at age 17 I broke both of my arms, and never got back into my art because I couldn't use my left hand/wrist like normal. I gave up my art. So when I saw the art supplies my husband bought me I figured I would give it a go just to make him happy. Boy was he (and I) in for a huge surprise when I finished my first piece. At the time, I loved my first piece but kept thinking that I could improve and I like to believe that I have improved by leaps and bound due to the challenge blogs that I found and also because of the wonderfully talented and supportive people I have found in Blog land. You all make me challenge myself every time I create something and I just want to say thank you very much for that.

                   Be sure to check out Niki's blog...you can find it here..
                                          Pawsitively Creative

As always our very talented team have been busy creating some stunning projects for your inspiration...do pop over and leave the girls some love....and be sure to check back on the 15th August for Julie's Mid Month Tutorial....





Repurposed stencil holder



From something similar to this (forgot to take pic lol)

To ''Ye Ole Bird House 






Altered Wine Bottle and Glasses


 Rupa

An altered box with faux clay tiles and lots of bling! For more details on the making, do visit my blog.

 

 

Sammy


 Please check that you have followed our rules before uploading your entry.

11 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Thank y'all for having me as a guest! The DT projects are amazing and so versatile. Wowzers, y'all rock! Hugz! ~Niki

Nan Bourdeu said...

Awesome job by all ladies! Lovely makes and welcome Toni looking forward to playing along with you! hugsxx

Kerstin F. said...

Such wonderful inspirations, gorgeous!!!

Sara Barker said...

A huge congratulations to Branka on her win for July's challenge! Way to go, and so well deserved! Niki, congratulations on your Guest DT spot; fabulous make! And what wonderful inspiration from the Design Team! Welcome to Toni! It will be exciting to see what you make!

Vintagehandmade said...

Thank you for the win! I am so thrilled and honored! Big congrats to Niki on her well deserved Guest DT spot! Fantastic altering! The DT projects are fabulous! Branka xxx

samantha wade said...

Congrats to the winner, and fab art design team. x

Jenn DuBell said...

Great projects here! Hope I did the link correctly as this is my first time here..

Sweet Designer said...

Awesome creativity .am participating for the first time and this is the link http://kraftycraze.blogspot.com/2015/08/quilled-minion-frame.html

Akshma

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love all the inspiration on this sight Stunning work!

vrajangna patel said...

Love the fun challenge to play along.

Suzna said...

Fun challange to play